Small businesses have a lot on their plates. They must find ways to stand out in a sea of bigger, more established brands. They also have to do more with less; small budgets mean they can’t always afford the same marketing strategies as their larger counterparts. This can be frustrating for small business owners who want to try something new but don’t know where to start. If you’re stuck in your marketing efforts, don’t worry—you’re not alone. To help you break out of your rut, we’ve compiled five guerilla marketing strategies not commonly used by small businesses. By trying these uncommon strategies, you can set your business up for success.
Guerilla marketing is a great way to get your brand out there without breaking the bank. There are plenty of guerilla marketing techniques that small businesses can use to get noticed. Here are five guerilla marketing techniques that are not commonly used by small businesses:
1. Flash mobs: A flash mob is a group of people who come together suddenly in a public place to perform an unusual or interesting activity. This event can be a great way to generate buzz for your business.
2. Street theatre: Street theatre is a live performance in public places such as parks, streets, or squares. It’s great to attract attention and get people talking about your business.
3. Graffiti: Graffiti is often associated with vandalism but can also be used as art. If you have a talented graffiti artist on your team, you can use graffiti to create eye-catching murals or pieces that will get people talking about your business.
4. Human billboards: These are exactly what they sound like – people who hold signs or wear clothing with your company’s branding on them. This is a great way to get noticed in high-traffic areas.
5. Guerrilla projections: Guerrilla projections involve projecting images or videos onto buildings or other surfaces in public places. This great way to generate buzz and get people talking about your business.
Small businesses do not commonly use several marketing strategies. Here are five that could be of benefit:
1. Sponsorship – Identifying and partnering with local businesses or events that align with your brand can be a great way to reach new customers.
2. Guerilla Marketing – This unconventional marketing approach can effectively get attention and create hype for your business.
3. Word-of-Mouth Marketing – Focus on providing an exceptional experience for your customers; they will naturally tell others about you.
4. Social Media Marketing – Used effectively, social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your business and engaging with customers.
5. PR & Media Relations – Getting press coverage for your business can help to raise awareness and build credibility.
Small businesses do not commonly use several marketing strategies. Here are five that could help you take your business to the next level:
1. Brand Ambassadors
A brand ambassador is someone who represents your company and its values. They can be used to promote your products or services and build relationships with customers and potential customers.
2. Content Marketing
Content marketing is about creating informative, valuable, and entertaining content that interests your target audience. You can build trust and credibility with potential customers by providing relevant and useful information.
3. Guerilla Marketing
Guerilla marketing is a unique and unconventional marketing approach that often involves using low-cost or even free tactics to reach a wide audience. This can be anything from handing out flyers in high-traffic areas to painting murals in public spaces.
4. Event Marketing
Event marketing can be a great way to generate interest in your business and build relationships with customers and potential customers. Hosting or sponsoring an event related to your industry can help you get noticed and attract new business.
5. Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is one of the most efficient and effective ways to reach many people at little cost. Utilizing various social media platforms allows you to connect with current and potential customers, share information about your products or services, and create a community around your brand.
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on using key leaders to drive your brand’s message. These leaders can be in various industries and have a large following on social media or other platforms. By aligning with these influencers, you can tap into their audience and extend the reach of your marketing campaigns.
To find the right influencer for your business, start by defining your target audience and then searching for individuals who reach that audience and have influence over them. Once you’ve identified a few potential partners, reach out and build relationships.
If you execute an influencer marketing campaign successfully, you can see a significant increase in brand awareness and even sales. However, it’s important to note that this type of marketing requires ongoing effort and investment.
Product placement is a marketing tactic that is often overlooked by small businesses. You can increase brand awareness and drive sales by placing your product in strategic locations.
Here are some tips for using product placement to market your small business:
1. Choose the right location: When selecting a location for your product, consider factors such as foot traffic, demographics, and competition.
2. Make it visible: Ensure your product is visible and easily accessible to potential customers.
3. Create a display: Create an eye-catching display that grabs attention and encourages people to purchase your product.
4. Promote special offers: Use product placement to promote special offers and discounts to drive sales.
5. Evaluate results: Regularly evaluate the results of your product placement to ensure that it is effective and achieves your desired results.