Christian Dannemann Eriksen was born on February 14, 1992. He is a professional footballer representing Denmark. Eriksen plays in the midfielder position for his national team and Manchester United.
Christian is famous for his sight, skills, passing abilities, and free-kick talent.
Where was Christian Eriksen born?
Eriksen was born in Middelfart, Denmark.
What is Christian Eriksen’s profession?
Professionally, Eriksen is a footballer who plays at both club and international levels.
When did Christian make his club debut?
In 2010, Christian commenced his senior club profession when he was 18. He played for Ajax then and earned 3 Eredivisie championships and the KNVB Cup.
When did Eriksen make his international debut as a footballer?
In 2010, Christian made his senior international debut for his country at age eighteen. Since then, he has achieved more than 110 caps for Denmark.
In how many key tournaments did Eriksen appear?
To date, Eriksen participated in four key tournaments. Besides, Dannemann was the youngest footballer at the FIFA World Cup 2010.
Which is Eriksen’s current club, and what is his jersey number?
Presently, Eriksen plays for Manchester United, and his jersey number is 14.
How has been Eriksen’s professional club career over the years?
In 2013, Christian contracted with Tottenham Hotspur in a move valued at €12.45 million (£11 million). There Eriksen was nominated the Player of the Year for Tottenham twice, was selected into the PFA Team of the Year for the 2017–18 season, and subsequently got to the UEFA Champions League Final in 2019. In 2020, Christian became a part of Inter Milan in a move valued at £16.9 million (€19.7 million) and pulled off a Serie A championship before the reciprocal expiry of his agreement in 2021. Christian joined the Premier League again in 2022 after receiving an offer to join Brentford.
What is Eriksen’s playing style?
The media depicts him as a classic #10; however, his chosen position in the field is that of an aggressive midfielder. However, due to his versatility, Christian is flexible to play in positions like a right winger, central midfielder, and second striker.
Christian lives with his partner Sabrina Kvist Jensen. They have two kids, a daughter, and a son. Louise Eriksen, Eriksen’s younger sister, is also a soccer player and is the skipper of KoldingQ (Elitedivisionen).
The stint with Manchester United
Manchester United officially declared on July 15, 2022, that they had accomplished a contract to sign Christian for a 3-year stint. On July 28, 2022, there was confirmation that he would put on jersey number 14.
Eriksen has won the following awards throughout his professional football career:
- Marco van Basten Award (Ajax Talent of the Year): 2011
- Sjaak Swart Award (Ajax Talent of the Future) 2010
- Danish Talent of the Year: 2010 and 2011
- Danish Under-17 Talent of the Year: 2008
- Bronze Boot, Dutch Footballer of the Year: 2012
- Johan Cruyff Trophy: 2011
- Danish Football Player of the Year by DBU and TV2 for four successive years: 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2017
- Danish Football Player of the Year for five successive years: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018
- Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year: 2013–14 and 2016–17
- PFA Team of the Year: Premier League 2017–18
- Premier League Goal of the Month: 2018 April
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season 2nd position: 2018–19
- Nominee of FIFA FIFPro World11: 2019 (as 14th midfielder)